APRICOT AND CARAMELIZED ONION-STUFFED BAKED BRIE
1 year ago
- 2 sheets phyllo dough (or 1 sheet cut in half)
- 4 oz. brie
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted or clarified
- 1 tablespoon apricot jam
- 1 tablespoon caramelized onions
- 1 teaspoon walnuts, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 500º F.
- Take brie round (optional: cut off edges to make a square) and slice it in half horizontally.
- Spoon jam, onions and walnuts onto 1 piece of brie, then top with remaining slice
- Place 1 sheet phyllo dough horizontally on workstation and brush with melted butter. Place second sheet vertically on top of first sheet and brush with butter.
- Place stuffed brie in center of phyllo dough and wrap it in dough, making sure all sides are sealed. Brush with remaining butter and transfer to a rimmed baking sheet.
- Place baking sheet in oven and bake for 7-9 minutes, or until pastry is golden brown and cheese is molten.
- Remove from oven and serve with sliced grapes and crackers.