If you are Vegan or one who only eats a whole foods/plant-based diet, this dessert is for you. For all of you that are not Vegan, just substitute the ingredients, such as the vegan butter for real butter. Both ways of making this homemade peach crisp are amazing.
- 8 fresh organic peaches, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup of sugar, organic
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 stick earth balance® butter
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, unsifted
- 1 cup organic brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1 cup earth balance® butter, 2 sticks
- Preheat oven to 400°
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour and brown sugar. Add 1 cup of butter and mix on low speed until crumbly.
- In a medium bowl, whisk sugar, salt, nutmeg, and cinnamon together and set aside.
- Peel and slice peaches. Put in a large bowl.
- Mix in sugar mixture and stir until peaches are coated well.
Pour fruit mixture into a 9 x 13-inch baking dish or a 3-quart baking dish.
- Add the remaining 1/4 cup butter (sliced) and just place it on top of the fruit mixture randomly.
- Add the flour mixture on top of the fruit and spread evenly.
- Bake uncovered at 400° for 45-55 minutes, or until topping is golden brown.
- Serve warm with dairy-free ice cream.